Tuesday, August 25, 2009

~ So Sad ~

I am in shock over the news about Ruth Rochelle of Primitive Homeplace, she passed away yesterday. I just can't believe it, she hadn't been feeling well lately but last I read it was diagnosed as Mono which I didn't think was that serious. There must have been something else because she was quite young. I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person but have purchased from her before and the email exchanges were always friendly and funny. She and Jimmy had such a special relationship. He had a pretty bad scare with his heart just a few months ago and everyone was so relieved that he pulled through and now this....it's just such a shock I don't even know what to say. My thoughts are with their family and my heart goes out to them.

I actually have been feeling rather crappy physically myself lately and about a week ago I scheduled a doctor's appointment and it is this morning. I haven't been to a doctor since I had my gall bladder removed four years ago, so needless to say, I'm not a doctor goer. But I figured I should have my glucose level tested along with cholesterol which I've never had checked before ever. Right about now I'm feeling rather anxious about that needle they're going to be sticking into my arm....I hate the needle in the worst way....I wish there were a better way.

The above picture is of these really cute faux acorns that I got for my shoppe, I have had some of my own for several years now and use them every Autumn and Winter. I purchased mine from my all time favorite store that was located in Virginia Beach, it was called Village Mercantile, man was that ever a magical place. The owner retired and closed the store a few years ago. But when I finally found the supplier of these acorns I fondly remembered them from Village Mercantile and am happy to be able to offer them now to my customers.

Well that's all for today....please keep the Rochelle family in your thoughts and prayers.

8 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I didn't know Ruth at all but mu thoughts and prayers go to everyoe who knew and loved her.

Farm Field Primitives said...

Good luck on your doctor's visit. I hope everything will be fine.
Love the acorns.
~Melissa~

Holly Hills Primitives said...

What a terrible shock to hear about Ruth! So very sad. Hope your doctor's appointment goes well (just look the other way when they do the blood test). Have a great day, Dawn

Black Sheep Lisa said...

My prayers are with Ruth's family.
I love to visit her picturetrail.
Hope all is well with your drs. appointment.

Loretta said...

Hi Janet. What terribly sad news. I didn't know Ruth nor have I ever visited her site but I will keep her family in my prayers. My sister is like you in a couple of ways. Her name is Janet and she hasn't been to the doctor in years. Please go. You feel so good knowing everything is well. Hugs, Loretta

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What a shock...I didn't know her but would visit her picturetrail and she had just a wonderful homestead, such ashame.
Rondell

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Janet, I'll be doing a mini tutorial soon - I forgot to add that to my post so I just went back and added it!! Stay tuned!

My Colonial Home said...

I had an e-mail about Rochelle and it's just soooo sad.
I read on her site that she contracted phneumonia and that is always bad when you are ill with something else, especially the Lymes disease and the Mono.
Very sad.


Cute Acorns!

Karen
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/
kmprimitives@yahoo.com