Friday, June 6, 2014

~ Summer Time ~

I spent my Memorial Day weekend putting away spring decor and decorating for summer.  For summer I like to decorate with an Americana theme as well as faux and handmade berries and also lavender.  We have a real lavender bush in our front yard and it blooms like crazy during the summer.  The flowers smell so good but boy oh boy does it ever have big black bumble bees on it all day long!!  Here are a few pics I just snapped around the house:

This is on the breakfast nook table...everything in this display is available in my shoppe except for the antique checkerboard! :)
This primitive antique stepback cupboard sits in the breakfast nook..the doll was made by Jackie of TFC Folk Art, the ditty bags by Angela of Olde Raggs, and the Flag was a gift from my friend Pat of Olde Bittersweet Farm :).
This corner chair that sits in the dining room is from Sturbridge Yankee Workshop and the American Flag pillow from my shoppe adds a nice touch!
I've filled my coffee table bowl with handmade strawberries that have been made by many different talented ladies...the bowl is available in my shoppe, it is the Large Rustic Chopping Bowl.
More handmade strawberries in this star shaped bowl that I got from Pottery Barn several years ago...the chamberstick and the flowers are available in my shoppe!
summer pinkeep made by me from a Country Rustic Primitives pattern
The little dough box table was made by my hubs, I've displayed some redware pieces, a couple handpainted boxes from my shoppe, and the Treenware pitcher and sunflowers are also from my shoppe.
some of my favorite primitives on the little antique table by the front door
On the foyer table are a few handmades along with the Charleston lamp, this one's mine but there is currently one available in my shoppe!
The black stepback cupboard is another favorite furniture piece made by the hubs...the lavender that hangs on the left door is available in my shoppe!
a closer look at what I have displayed on the black stepback...the hooked mat was made by Stephanie of Olde Colony Primitives and the little red flowers are available in my shoppe!
I call this piece of furniture the folk art cabinet, it is one of my favorite pieces made by hubs...I loved my lavender display from last year so much that I've done it exactly the same this year!...the lavender in the tin pitcher is available in my shoppe as is the lovely little pillar candle!
In this final display I have faux berries, an antique basket, and a pinkeep made by me from a Stacy Nash pattern.
That's all of it, thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoyed my summer tour.  Have a marvelous summer season friends!

5 comments:

Earlene said...

Great tour Janet!!!! Thanks for sharing. I always like to hear where bloggers find treasures for their homes.
Have a great weekend.
Earlene

Primitive Stars said...

I enjoyed the home tour so much. Love all your goodies and are displayed wonderfully, thanks Francine.

Penny said...

Hi Janet..... love your decorating and all the great items you've used! It is wonderfully "summer" and patriotic!
Have a great weekend!

village folk art said...

Sooo delightful. You have just inspired me again.
Thanks for sharing.

Happy Sunday with Peace to all,
Barb

Cheryl said...

Oh, my word! I just found your blog, and it is SO wonderful! I could sit for hours and look at pictures of your beautiful home! I am your newest follower. :) God bless you.