Sunday, January 1, 2012

~ Happy New Year!! ~ and my kitchen tour ~

Happy New Year!!...first I would like to say, "THANK YOU", to all of my friends and customers, some of who are the same!...I feel so fortunate to have met so many sweet and friendly folks through my little online store...thank you for your continued support, patronage, and friendship...may 2012 bring us all good health and happiness!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and are ready to begin anew. Today I have finally finished up taking pictures of my newly redecorated kitchen. Nothing major done like floors, cabinets, or countertops, just the decor. Of course I will have to show you a couple of "before" pics so you can see what I've been up to...before I had plates on the walls with an overall fruit theme going on...here it is BEFORE:
...now here it is AFTER:...nifty fowl rack made by Art of Old Colony Primitives ...willow checkerboard by Kath of Weeping Cedar Hollow Primitives
...I am probably one of the only people in prim decorating land who does not have a stove board but I am much too paranoid to cover the burners with something for fear of starting a fire...plus I'm too lazy to find a place for the thing every time the stove needs to be used! LOL
...here's a closer look at what's up above the cabinetry...a few of my very favorite things:
...I even got hubs to install a new faucet for me!...and here's a closer looks at my new appliance cupboards made by Kelly of Small Town Primitives...here's another BEFORE:
...and the same view AFTER:
...this is my long counter where I make sammiches, LOL
...a closer look at up top:
...I even changed everything that was inside the glass front cabinet:
...changed all the light switch plates from white plastic to black metal...tried to hide most of them with decor but there are a few that just cannot be covered because we use them too frequently:
...another view of the kitchen:
...many of the signs and gameboards where made by Pam of Goldieloo Woodworks:
...here's a closer look at the cupboard I have above the microwave:
...I got this cute barrel off ebay...it sits next to the pantry door:...and that's it for my kitchen pics, what do you think?...does it look more prim now?

A few days ago I put away everything Christmas and am trying REALLY hard to decorate very simply for winter...it is difficult for me since winter is my very most favorite season!! LOL...so here's my start, it's the primitive pie safe, the snowman make-do is new and was made by Tammy of Rock River Stitches:
...alrighty then, I think that is going to do it for this post...have a great week everyone and most of all have a fantastic new year!!

23 comments:

Carla said...

Janet, your kitchen looks great. I'm try to get inspired to make some changes in my decorating and this certainly helps! You are not the only one without a stoveboard. I don't have one either. I have no place to put it when the stove is being used, so I don't bother with it. Happy New Year to you!

annie said...

Janet, I love what you have done, your kitchen is wonderful. I love all the wooden pieces, and your crocks. Your whole house is terrific! I always enjoy seeing what you do! Happy New Year!

Mrs. B said...

I love all of your crocks and gameboards. Your new look is perfect. The space above my cupboards is bare. Your pictures have given me some inspiration.

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Janet I LOVE all of your changes!!! You are so lucky your kitchen is so BIG!!! I have a stove board and I do love it but you are right it is very aggravating moving it all the time. Happy New Year!! :)

Blessings.
Dana

Unknown said...

Hi Janet,
Your kitchen looks wonderful.
Love the changes.
Hugs,
Tam

HomeSpunPrims said...

Great redo Janet! I like all of your changes and I do think it looks more primitive. You have lots of wonderful things. Thanks for showing us. Wishing you a 2012 filled with many blessings and good health. Warm hugs, Lori

ctlogcabin said...

Dear Janet ~~ Another Great Re-Do you have accomplished so much in such a short time. Love all the prim touches .... the switch plates make a big difference and your collection of crock, jugs
and boards hit the prim mark. Love your new barrel ...... Perfect.
I don't have one big board on my stove anymore .... I couldn't pick it up
loaded with my bean pots, so I split it up into two smaller boards. Paul's still not happy cause he's the one who makes me tea first thing in the morning, but hes such a good guy and goes under the theory .... Happy Wife .... Happy Life !! lol
Wishing You, Don & the Boys a Healthy Happy
New Year !!!
Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It looks wonderful Janet! What a change - from traditional to prim!!

If I had that type of stove top, I'd be weary of a board on it too.

This was worth waiting for my friend! Happy New Year and enjoy your new and improved kitchen!! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

WOW..I love the changes..Your kitchen is really PRIM looking now..BRAVO..Awesome job..
Happy New Year..

Beehive Needleworks said...

Upon my word...your kitchen is gorgeous! A most delightful spot to create yummy family meals surely! Thank you for welcoming us all into your home.

Wishing you and your family a most splendid new year!

Warmly,
Judy

Pieced Pastimes said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Your new prim kitchen looks great! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

Wow, I love how open and airy it is!

Kris ~ Simply Prim said...

I love all of the changes in your kitchen, Janet! It looks fabulous!! And you're not the only one who doesn't have a stove board, either! I don't have room to place it when I'm using the stove and my kids use the stove a lot, too, and I fear that they may accidentally set it on fire! Lol
May you and your family have a very wonderful New Year!! ((HUGS))

~Sara said...

What a wonderful kitchen transformation! Every thing looks great. You have a lovely home and you have made it so cozy.Wishing you a very happy new year! Blessings ~Sara

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Wow, I love your make over! I have game boards in the hall, I think I will put one in the kitchen, after seeing yours...I love your crocks in the cabinet and on top...Wonderful job! I think I will go tweaking, now!

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

Kitty said...

Wow! I love it!! I love all the fun gameboards and signs you have. The fowl rack is so cool, would love one of those! I think you have so many great prim touches and pieces in your kitchen! Love the new faucet too!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hello Janet! I'm a newish follower and so very glad to have found you... Your kitchen look wonderful - isn't amazing what a few simple changes can do? Unfortunately, I think I'm beyond the point of simple - definitely needing a new sink and faucet - and if I go that far, I'm going for countertops as well. But, no stoveboard for me either....I've admired them in so many homes, but always thought, "just what am I going to do with it and the stuff on it when we cook???" So glad I'm not the lone ranger. I also ADORE your fowl board. I would love an old one, but this one rivals any antique I've seen....Now, if I just had wall space to put one! Looking forward to getting to know you more...and wishing you a 2012 filled with blessings and joys....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

earlyamerica 1815 said...

What a WONDERFUL transformation Janet!! It all looks so much warmer with those rich darker colors!! You did a fantastic job!! Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!! Thanks so much for the inspiring post!! Tina

SantaClaus said...

WOW - I'm so impressed with the new prim decor - & how it turned out without major renovations. I LOVE everything you did. You inspired me big time - now I got to get MOVING! xoxoxo

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Janet~ love the changes~ wonderful decorating!!! Really primmed it up~ like the wood items~ going to check out the links~ thanks for sharing ~ inspired!!!
smiles
Teresa

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

I can't believe I'm a week behind. I've been dying to see your kitchen since I saw your new post on my blog sidebar. I love it! You have amazing talent of putting things in just the right places. I also love, love, love those log cabins and crocks inside your glass door cupboard! Just beautiful.
Happy New Year Janet!!
Hugs ~ Jenn

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Everything looks fantastic!!! I love it all, especially that barrel!!

GennieG said...

Hi Janet! I am new to your blog. I love your primitive decor in your kitchen! When I was looking at the before pictures I noticed that you had the same plates I did that I just took down too. Great transformation! You have a wonderful collection of crocks. Love it all! Happy to have found your blog.